The Hall was built in 1923. Shortly after the First World War, a group then known as the Christmas Present Working Party, had their final meeting and the Kingston Village Hall committee was formed.
This is an extract of a report from the group:
... The Committee retiring will not be replaced unless we decide on a plan which; has not yet been discussed or thought of unless in short by the Party's special wish, setting aside the tentative recommendation of the Committee to dissolve on the grounds that the work undertaken in 1919, of helping a Village Hall to be built, now naturally passes into the hands of a Committee for the management of the Hall...
Download the full report How It All Started in the 1920's
In 1984 John Clark (then the chairman of the Village Hall committee), put forward a proposal to both extend and update the hall. It wasn't long before this proposal became reality.